Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Josh Narins <jo...@narins.net> on 2004/12/05 23:05:53 UTC

Perms Problem

There are four users on the system, root, svn, user1 and user2.  Root
built and installed subversion 1.1.1

svn follows by creating the repository, and then executing chmod -R g+w
/path/to/repos and chmod g+s /path/to/repos/db

user1 then does an svn import

At this point, ls -l /path/to/repos/db looks like this:
drwxrwsr-x    5 svn      svn          4096 Dec  5 17:48 .
drwxrwxr-x    7 svn      svn          4096 Dec  5 17:47 ..
-rw-rw-r--    1 user1    svn             7 Dec  5 17:48 current
-rw-rw-r--    1 svn      svn             5 Dec  5 17:47 fs-type
drwxrwsr-x    2 svn      svn          4096 Dec  5 17:48 revprops
drwxrwsr-x    2 svn      svn          4096 Dec  5 17:48 revs
drwxrwsr-x    2 svn      svn          4096 Dec  5 17:49 transactions
-rw-rw-r--    1 svn      svn            37 Dec  5 17:47 uuid
-rw-r--r--    1 user1    svn             0 Dec  5 17:48 write-lock

When user2 attempts an import, it fails because the permissions on
write-lock are 644.  The permissions on current, however, are correct.

Re: Perms Problem

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Josh Narins <jo...@narins.net> writes:

> -rw-r--r--    1 user1    svn             0 Dec  5 17:48 write-lock
>
> When user2 attempts an import, it fails because the permissions on
> write-lock are 644.  The permissions on current, however, are correct.

Looks like user1 has a umask that disallows group write access, see
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s05.html for one possible
solution.

--
Philip Martin

Re: Perms Problem

Posted by Mark Benedetto King <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 09:47:55PM -0500, Greg Hudson wrote:
> This is a bug; FSFS repositories are not supposed to be
> umask-sensitive.  The write-lock file should be created at repository
> creation time, but is instead created by the first commit.
>
> (I didn't know about this before; thanks for reporting it.)

Just to close the loop:

Greg Hudson committed a fix for this in r12172.

--ben

Re: Perms Problem