Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jan Moxter <ja...@innobix.com> on 2013/11/08 17:17:41 UTC

Release Cycle for wicket-socket

Hello wicket,

the current released version for wicket-native-websocket-jetty9 etc. is
0.13.0.

What kind of release cycle are you using for websockets??

The reason i am asking is that for wicket-native-websocket-jetty9
deprecation warnings were fixed with a commit on 11. Juli 2013. In the most
current version of jetty the class that led to the deprecation warning were
changed so that wicket-native-websocket-jetty9 0.13.0 does not work any more
with the latest jetty.
We made a own internal release based on the source-code to fix this issue
temporarily.

When can we expect the next release or could you make a 0.13.1 release
please?

Thanks

Jan Moxter

Re: Release Cycle for wicket-socket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Jan Moxter <ja...@innobix.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> - thank you for pointing me to the version 0.14 I will check out if the
> problem still exists.
>
> - We do use Jetty 9.0.x so the version seems to be appropriate, but thanks
> for explaining the differences
>

> By the way for something being "experimental".... Wicket Native WebSocket
> runs really good and stable in our internal production application. We did
> not use it yet in a client product but we are getting near to releasing our
> first installation (for a client) that has it implemented as well.

Thanks for your feedback!

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+7.0+Roadmap#Wicket7.0Roadmap-Votewhichexperimentalmodulesshouldbecomestable
-
we will vote which experimental modules to become non-experimental for
Wicket 7.0.0.
tickets so users who are not subscribed to dev@ can give their opinion too.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/wicket/wicket-native-websocket-jetty9/0.14/

Wicket Native WebSocket is experimental module so it doesn't have the same
version as Wicket Core.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Jan Moxter <ja...@innobix.com> wrote:

> Hello wicket,
>
> the current released version for wicket-native-websocket-jetty9 etc. is
> 0.13.0.
>
> What kind of release cycle are you using for websockets??
>

> The reason i am asking is that for wicket-native-websocket-jetty9
> deprecation warnings were fixed with a commit on 11. Juli 2013. In the most
> current version of jetty the class that led to the deprecation warning were
> changed so that wicket-native-websocket-jetty9 0.13.0 does not work any
> more
> with the latest jetty.

Please file a ticket if there is a problem.

I'm not sure that you aware:
wicket-native-websocket-jetty9 is for 9.0.x
wicket-native-websocket-javax should be used for 9.1.x because Jetty 9.1.x
is the first release that implements JSR356