Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nacho <na...@siapi.es> on 2000/08/12 01:44:30 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 from CVS dont run

Hola a Todos:

hi, Costin why is commented this code into ContextManager.java:

8<-------------------------------------------------
    public void start() throws Exception {// XXX TomcatException {
	// XXX we may need a special callback to disable/enable the
	// server from accepting connections ( to allow for startup ).
	// 	Enumeration connE=getConnectors();
	// 	while( connE.hasMoreElements() ) {
	// 	    ((ServerConnector)connE.nextElement()).start();
	// 	}
    }
8<-------------------------------------------------

How is tomcat started now ?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: Tomcat 3.3 from CVS dont run

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
It works for me... What's your config ?

> hi, Costin why is commented this code into ContextManager.java:
>
> 8<-------------------------------------------------
>     public void start() throws Exception {// XXX TomcatException {
>         // XXX we may need a special callback to disable/enable the
>         // server from accepting connections ( to allow for startup ).
>         //      Enumeration connE=getConnectors();
>         //      while( connE.hasMoreElements() ) {
>         //          ((ServerConnector)connE.nextElement()).start();
>         //      }
>     }
> 8<-------------------------------------------------
>
> How is tomcat started now ?

Just like before - except there is no "ServerConnector". Instead
we just use Interceptor as an adapter between ContextManager and
the actual protocol implementation.

ServerConnector allowed to pass the ContextManager, start, stop.
With Interceptor you have the same, plus the ability to affect the
request processing later on ( needed for SSL, integrated auth, etc).

( I try to eliminate all the code that is not needed, it's much easier to
review it for security and performance and to document it )

Costin