Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Thomassen <in...@peter-thomassen.de> on 2003/04/11 16:12:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Include Ordering

Hello!

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#include:
| New in Apache 1.3.13 is the feature that if Include points to a
| directory, rather than a file, Apache will read all files in that
| directory, and any subdirectory, and parse those as configuration
| files.

Let's assume, there are /etc/apache/vhosts/0.conf, 1.conf and 2.conf.
We Include /etc/apache/vhosts/. In which order will the files be
included?

If it's from 0.conf to 2.conf, is there any way to reverse that? I
need to include the files in an descending order (the cause is an
automatic virtual host management which also should be able to
manage wildcard subdomains. I've made a draft, but I need this
order).

I'm using Apache 1.3.26 on Debian woody.

Thanks a lot!
Peter