Posted to announce@apache.org by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2017/05/03 18:41:34 UTC

The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 64 New Members

[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/2Vtl ]

The Apache Software Foundation welcomes the following new Members who
were elected during the annual ASF Members' Meeting on 28-30 March 2017:

Taher A. Alkhateeb, Ryan Blue, Davor Bonaci, Michael Brohl, Cédric
Champeau, Byung-Gon Chun, William Colen, Radu Cotescu, Jaroslaw Cwiklik,
Dániel Dékány, Mike Drob, Eric Evans, Olaf Flebbe, Lars Francke, Roberto
Galoppini, Robert Gemmell, Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez, Thamme Gowda,
Scott Gray,Stefan Hett, Jonathan Hsieh, Claus Ibsen, Bilgin Ismet
Ibryam, Jeff Jirsa, Evgeny Kotkov, Andrew Kurth, Chris Lambertus, T Jake
Luciani, Nicolas Malin, Stephen Mallette, Karl Heinz Marbaise, Sidney
Markowitz, Gary Martin, Jan Materne, Nate McCall, Larry McCay, Robert
Munteanu, Kay Ousterhout, Anil Patel, Christine Poerschke, Matt Post,
Dominik Psenner, Chris Riccomini, Carlos Rovira, Daniel Ruggeri,
Guergana K. Savova, Felix Schumacher, Anthony Shaw, Matt Sicker,
Karanjeet Singh, Stian Soiland-Re, Lee Moon Soo, Michael Starch, Daniel
Takamori, Josh Tynjala, Ashish Vijaywargiya, Jay Vyas, Andrew Wang,
Claude Warren, Michael Semb Wever, Evans Ye, Piotr Zarzycki, Jeff Zhang,
and Jordan Zimmerman.

When the ASF incorporated in 1999, the Foundation's core membership
comprised 21 individuals who oversaw the progress of the Apache HTTP
Server. This group grew with Committers --developers who contributed
code, patches, or documentation, and were subsequently granted access by
the Membership:

 1) to "commit" or "write" (contribute) directly to the code repository;

 2) the right to vote on community-related decisions; and

 3) the ability propose an active user for Committership.

Those Committers who demonstrate merit in the Foundation’s growth,
evolution, and progress are nominated for ASF Membership by existing
members.

This election brings the total number of ASF Members to 684 today.
Individuals elected as ASF Members legally serve as the "shareholders"
of the Foundation
https://www.apache.org/foundation/governance/members.html

For more information on how the ASF works, visit
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html .

# # #

NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
announce@apache.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Re: The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 64 New Members

Posted by Matt Sicker <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks! I'm happy to join the ASF and get more involved across the
foundation.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stefan! I'm glad to have become part of the family and look
forward to a journey that is going to last for long.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.
Congratulations Matt!

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Fwd: The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 64 New Members

Posted by Gary Gregory <gg...@rocketsoftware.com>.
[...]

This communication and any attachments may contain confidential information of Rocket Software, Inc. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Rocket Software immediately and destroy all copies of this communication. Thank you.