Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mustansar Mehmood <mu...@rice.edu> on 2009/04/06 06:10:59 UTC

Removing applications from OfBiz

Dear ALL,
                My company(a service company) is considering ofbiz as
their ERP/CRM/accounts Receivable  system but Ofbiz seems to have a few
things that my company will not be using for instance E commerce or
Manufacturing/. How do we removed those  applications ? and keep it
running stable.
Regards,
Mustansar Mehmood

Re: Removing applications from OfBiz

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
Mustansar,

I linked a couple of posts answered by some OFBiz experts for you.

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-remove-additional-Modules--td17995477.html#a18009800

http://www.nabble.com/Removing-Main-tabs-in-ofbiz-td21200567.html#a21200771

Generally, because of dependancies you don't want to "remove" a component,
but rather just "hide" it as talked about in the links above.

If you are still driven to remove the components..As Adrian points out in
the first link, you could go in to the component-load.xml in the
applications directory and comment out the "marketing" line and go into the
component-load.xml and comment out the "ecommerce" line.

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Mustansar,
                 You can not remove the any of the complete application.
Each module is related to another module one or other way. Yes but if
you do not want them in your UI to appear. Then you can go into the
ofbiz-component.xml of that particular application and set
app-bar-display="false" in webapp tag. Hope this may help you.

Thanks
Divesh

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Ooops, Divesh's suggestion about using app-bar-display is right and
should be placed as #2b in my list (and old #2b will become #2c)

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Mustansar,