Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Gordon Smith <gs...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/16 01:35:02 UTC

Problem cloning flex-examples repository

Does anybody else see the following problem when you try to clone the flex-examples repo?

$git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-examples.git

Cloning into 'flex-examples'...

remote: Counting objects: 123, done.

Receiving objects: 100% (123/123), 474.68 KiB | 269 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (39/39), done.

warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

I suspect the problem is that this repo doesn't have a branch named 'master'. When I do 'git branch -a' the output is

  remotes/origin/develop
  remotes/origin/mobileexperimental

and when I do 'cat .git/HEAD' the output is

  ref: ref/heads/master

Shouldn't every repo have a 'master' branch? if so, I'll try adding one to flex-examples.

- Gordon