Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by judy_user <si...@tcs.com> on 2009/07/13 12:55:07 UTC

SOA Governance in juddi

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how SOA governance is possible using juddi?
Also are there any drawbacks using juddi when compared to using IBM WSRR or
HP Systinet?? Are all the features(more importantly im looking at governance
of services) available in juddi?

Thanks

Re: SOA Governance in juddi

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
judy_user wrote:
> Thank you for your replY!
> I am basically looking at some features like versioning of services,
> management of services throughout the lifecycle, any contract management
> between service providers and consumers,etc. I would like to know if these
> features are available with juddi?

I'm not really sure how to answer this, those features are rather vague
marketing speak to me.

- Versioning of services is not addressed in UDDIv3, however using the
subscription API you can notify your clients of updates to services.
- Not sure what you mean by management throughout the lifecycle.
- What kind of 'contract' do you mean? WSDL? Or a business contract? You
can use tModels to point to additional documents, like contracts, if
that is what you mean.
> Im currently using juddi V 0.9rc4. I believe the feature of receiving
> subscription notifications is available in V 3.0.0 beta of juddi. Can you
> let me know if this is a stable version? Is there any documentation which
> lists out all the features avaliable in V3.0.0beta?  I donot find much info
> in the Apache site.

There is link of the site to SVN where we keep the latest user and
developer documentation as well as to the UDDIv3 spec. The spec has a
nice overview of all the features. jUDDIv3 implements all the APIs
except for replication one. v3.0.0 is a stable release and  the v3_trunk
is also pretty stable as we are working hard to get to a new v3 release.

Re: SOA Governance in juddi

Posted by judy_user <si...@tcs.com>.
Thank you for your replY!

Re: SOA Governance in juddi