Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by benglish <be...@yahoo.com> on 2014/06/25 13:13:52 UTC

What happens when making many index files?

Hi pals,

I have created an index out of about 1000 documents. When I searched through
the index, I got an accuracy of around 37.7%, then I made another index file
with same documents. So, the number of index files doubled and surprisingly,
the accuracy enhanced to 55%!! Making the index for another time (3rd time),
made the accuracy 61%!!!!
It is really surprising for me! Can anybody please help me why this happens?
Generally, what happens when  I create multiple index files (in the same
folder and with the same documents)?