Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2005/04/18 13:21:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r14286 - trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline

lundblad@tigris.org wrote:

>Author: lundblad
>Date: Mon Apr 18 06:49:35 2005
>New Revision: 14286
>
>Modified:
>   trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/davautocheck.sh

I'll veto any 1.2 release candidate until this non-portable script is
moved out of this directory and into tools/test-scripts, where it
belongs. It certainly shouldn't be in the cross-platform test directory.
I'd move it myself, but then I might miss necessary changes in the
script, so I'd rather let the script's maintainer do this.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r14286 - trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

>A veto??

Yah, sorry everyone, it must've been lack of sleep, or some kind of
overdose reaction to updating INSTALL. :(

I take it all back, and then some.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r14286 - trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> lundblad@tigris.org wrote:
> >Author: lundblad
> >Date: Mon Apr 18 06:49:35 2005
> >New Revision: 14286
> >
> >Modified:
> >   trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/davautocheck.sh
> >
> I'll veto any 1.2 release candidate until this non-portable script is
> moved out of this directory and into tools/test-scripts, where it
> belongs. It certainly shouldn't be in the cross-platform test
> directory. I'd move it myself, but then I might miss necessary changes
> in the script, so I'd rather let the script's maintainer do this.

A veto??  That script has been there forever.  Why should this hold up
a release candidate?

-1 on your -1 :-)

I mean, I don't want to get into a veto war here, and would also like
to avoid a formal vote on the matter.  But maybe I can just persuade
you that your veto is an overreaction?

Maxb and I both feel the script is fine where it is.  There's nothing
wrong with having a shell script there; or if there is something
wrong, then it applies to the shell scripts in xmltests/ as well.

If you want to make the argument that there *is* a problem, fine,
let's discuss it, and change things if necessary.  But veto a 1.2
release candidate over a situation that has existed since mid-2003?
That's a bit overboard!

-Karl

Re: svn commit: r14286 - trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Greg Hudson wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 09:21, Branko ÄOibej wrote:
>> I'll veto any 1.2 release candidate until this non-portable script is
>> moved out of this directory and into tools/test-scripts, where it
>> belongs.
>
> I don't think you get to veto a 1.2 release due to a problem which also
> exists in the 1.1 and 1.0 releases.

Exactly.

> (I have no objection to moving the script, though.)

I'm not sure whether I object to moving the script or not.

What exactly is the intended distinction between subversion/tests/ and
tools/test-scripts/ ?
Portability doesn't seem to be particularly valid division, considering
certain of the python tests only function on some platforms.

I'm also concerned, because I didn't know that tools/test-scripts/ existed
until just now, and the davautocheck should have a high visibility, to
encourage more people to run the dav tests.

Max.

Re: svn commit: r14286 - trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.