Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Калибеков Марат <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/14 05:39:37 UTC

OpenNLP and Maven

Hello, I wanted to integrate OpenNLP with my application through maven.
But during getting dependencies in Maven, it says that jwnl:jwnl:1.3.3
library not found in official maven repo?

How can I solve it?

--
Калибеков Марат,
тел: 8 777 4826322

Re: OpenNLP and Maven

Posted by "C.F.Scheidecker Antunes" <cf...@gmail.com>.
Next time, what you do is to add a proxy address on your java config and
then you can bypass the quota. Another way is to use a local repository or
a tool like Nexus.

Re: OpenNLP and Maven

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP and Maven

Posted by "C.F.Scheidecker Antunes" <cf...@gmail.com>.

Feature definition & NER sensitivity

Posted by Thomas Gilbert <th...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hello there,
A couple of questions (please feel free to refer me to resources which could explain, and that I might have missed):
1/ With regard to the feature cut-off parameter for namefinder model training, what is the definition of a 'feature'? - the entire tagged string, including all tokens (i.e. in the tag <START> John Smith <END>, the entity 'John Smith' is the feature)? Or each token inside a tag (i.e. both 'John' and 'Smith' are features)? Or neither?!
2/ Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the named entity recognition so as to favour precision over recall, or vice versa? Does the algorithm automatically adjust the NER sensitivity to maximise the F-measure?
Again, if I've missed something and you know of reading material which might explain this, please point me to it!
Thanks for your time,
Tom

Re: OpenNLP and Maven

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 12/14/11 5:39 AM, Калибеков Марат wrote:
> Hello, I wanted to integrate OpenNLP with my application through maven.
> But during getting dependencies in Maven, it says that jwnl:jwnl:1.3.3
> library not found in official maven repo?
>
> How can I solve it?

That is most likely because the SF side reached its traffic limit.
Just try again.

Jörn

Re: OpenNLP and Maven

Posted by Johnson J <jo...@gmail.com>.
Use the following repo url and artifacts for OpenNLP,

this is the repo url for latest openNLP,
<repository>
<id>flexo</id>
<name>flexo-releases</name>
<url>http://flexo.cismet.de:8081/artifactory/apache-repo</url>
</repository>

following are the artifacts,

  <groupId>org.apache.opennlp</groupId>
  <artifactId>opennlp-tools</artifactId>
  <version>1.5.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.opennlp</groupId>
  <artifactId>opennlp-uima</artifactId>
  <version>1.5.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.opennlp</groupId>
  <artifactId>opennlp-maxent</artifactId>
  <version>3.0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
if jwnl is not loaded, use following artifact,

<dependency>
<groupId>net.sf.jwordnet</groupId>
<artifactId>jwnl</artifactId>
<version>1.4_rc3</version>