Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Prickett <pr...@shpimp.com> on 2002/10/22 21:07:03 UTC

Licensing Issues

Michael,

The licensing details will be worked out soon.

A good portion of the Periodicity code base dates back to 2000. Some of
the UML diagrams date back to 1999.

However, you are right the code just checked in is totally new and as
such should hold (c) 2002.

As far as this being my own original contribution. It is. There are no
conflicts as far as outside copyrights.

Thanks Jeff Prickett

Re: Licensing Issues

Posted by Jeff Prickett <pr...@shpimp.com>.
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Michael A. Smith wrote:

> Jeff Prickett wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > The licensing details will be worked out soon.
>
> hrm.  what's this mean?

Just means that I will clean up the dates and double check that
each file holds a correct license before any formal "release" or snapshot

> > A good portion of the Periodicity code base dates back to 2000. Some of
> > the UML diagrams date back to 1999.
> >
> > However, you are right the code just checked in is totally new and as
> > such should hold (c) 2002.
>
> cool.  :)
>
> > As far as this being my own original contribution. It is. There are no
> > conflicts as far as outside copyrights.
>
> Thanks for reaffirming that.  I was just being anal about the dates
> though.  :)

I am pretty anal about licensing issues myself. I worked for hire on a
proprietary version of iCalendar that was based on the Apache code that
I had written so I had to cover my but about what I put into Apache CVS.
I dont think that I will ever work on a proprietary extension like that
for someone else again.

> michael

Jeff Prickett

Re: Licensing Issues

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
Jeff Prickett wrote:
> Michael,
>
> The licensing details will be worked out soon.

hrm.  what's this mean?

> A good portion of the Periodicity code base dates back to 2000. Some of
> the UML diagrams date back to 1999.
>
> However, you are right the code just checked in is totally new and as
> such should hold (c) 2002.

cool.  :)

--
Michael A. Smith