Posted to user@storm.apache.org by P Ghosh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/23 23:08:50 UTC

Conceptual question on Streams definition...

My definition of stream is continuous feed of data of certain type or with
certain purpose (depends on how you want to define your process)

I have a situation, where the Domain Object is same across the whole
topology, however, each component working on bits and pieces to construct
the final document (a JSN document).
Option -1 sounds logical when I think , everything is working on same
domain object. Option -2 sounds logical when I think, those streams
represents different parts of the domain object, so they are not same in
reality.

Please note that SPoutA to BoltC1 is part of transaction. So , spout A
should get an ACK only when all bolts have acked.

What I'm trying to understand is , how this Option - 1 and Option 2 affect
the functionality.

Just an FYI: BoltC1 has a

RotatingMap<List<Object>, Map<GlobalStreamId, Tuple>> pendingTuples
which it uses to ensure that it acks back only when it has received all
tuples from the previous bolts.

Thanks,
Prasun