Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Massimo Cusumano <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 12:49:22 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP variables for mod_proxy_ajp

HI all,

I am trying to pass a "PHP variable"   from Apache (2.2.15)  to Tomcat
(7.0.27) but without success.

The apache is used as front-end server of tomcat using mod_proxy_ajp.

I verified that I can pass only variable set by Apache (e.g. using
SetEnv directive);  How I can pass a variable set by PHP to Tomcat?

Cheers

Max.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP variables for mod_proxy_ajp

Posted by Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>.
Hello,
  if there is defined a context for reverse proxy (eg. /tomcat_part), no
php is executed on /tomcat_part.
This thing you can do via redirect and pass the variable as url
parameter, e.g. add param 'key' /tomcat_part/page.jsp?key=something

The client calls /php_part/page.php and page.php then forces to redirect
client browser to /tomcat_part/page.jsp?key=something

Jan