Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by sb101 <sc...@ingenico.com> on 2010/10/01 15:53:20 UTC

Re: Using site-deploy not working in continuum.

I've made some progress (but not found a solution as yet).

It seems the account running continuum is "Local System" and when it
attempts the scp but, since it's never connected to that machine using this
user, it needs add this to the "known_hosts" file.

This works fine when I use my account (it's added to the file already) but
when continuum uses Local System to do the scp it fails as it doesn't have a
.ssh/known_host.

Anyone know how to get round this? I don;t think I can log on as Local
System and then add it myself.

Thanks.

Re: Using site-deploy not working in continuum.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM, sb101 <sc...@ingenico.com> wrote:
> It seems the account running continuum is "Local System" and when it
> attempts the scp but, since it's never connected to that machine using this
> user, it needs add this to the "known_hosts" file.

Continuum needs to be running as a regular user that has a home directory.

I'm not sure how it's running as a different user if all you're doing
is logging in as yourself and executing 'continuum start'.

(IME, that never worked on Windows and I had to do 'continuum console'.)

--
Wendy

Re: Using site-deploy not working in continuum.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
If you have installed Continuum as a service on Windows, it will be
running as a Local system account. Like Wendy said, you need to change
that, so that the service runs as a regular user that has a home directory.

Open up the "Services" panel in Windows, find the Continuum service and
show its properties. Go to the Login tab and change the from "Local
system account" to "This account" and select your own account. That
should do it.

--
Dennis Lundberg