Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gbois <gr...@bnpparibas.com> on 2006/12/04 10:36:54 UTC

FindBugs and Out of Memory

Hello,

I have configured my pom.xml like this

			<reporting>
				<plugins>
					<plugin>
						<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
						<artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
						<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
						<configuration>
							<xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput>
							<threshold>High</threshold>
							<effort>Max</effort>
						</configuration>
					</plugin>
				</plugins>
			</reporting>

And when i run "mvn site", there is no problem.

But when if i add more plugins : checkstyle, pmd, cpd, JavaNCSS, Jdepend, it
results an out of Memory.

I have add this line, in the 'mvn.bat" file of the maven 2 installation
directory :
set MAVEN_OPTS = %MAVEN_OPTS% -Xmx1024M
but no change.

Have you got an idea?

Thanks in Advance.

--
Grégory

Re: FindBugs and Out of Memory

Posted by Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com>.

gbois wrote:

> I have add this line, in the 'mvn.bat" file of the maven 2 installation
> directory :
> set MAVEN_OPTS = %MAVEN_OPTS% -Xmx1024M
> but no change.

This just gives maven itself more memory. Some of the plugins fork a
sub-process (another Java VM) which means changes to the maven process won't
have any effect on them. The JavaDoc plugin is an example of this or the
Surefire plugin.

It seems that the FindBugs plugin does the same. On the homepage of the
plugin
(http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-findbugs-plugin/properties.html),
you can see that it supports the property "maven.findbugs.jvmargs". On
http://www.nabble.com/Findbugs:-java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:-Java-heap-space-t1100202.html,
you can find some more hints.