Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Yuyuan KANG <ky...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> on 2020/03/23 06:14:35 UTC

add API in client and session for rpc compression

Hi,

It seems that currently rpc compression api in client and session module is not provided. So there's no way for a user to connect to the server with TCompactProtocol.

I added an argument "-c" in client. When it occurs in the argument list, it means that the rpc compression on the client side should be enabled. It actually changes the Config class in jdbc package.

I also added a public method "void open(boolean enableRPCCompression)" in Session class.

PR link: https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/930

Best,
--------------------
Yuyuan KANG
School of Software, Tsinghua University

Re: add API in client and session for rpc compression

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuyuan,

You forget to update it on the user guide document...

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东