Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/02 19:19:43 UTC

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "Win64Compilation" by jmcg

Dear Wiki user,

The "Win64Compilation" page has been changed by jmcg.
The comment on this change is: If you're deleting the .bak files anyway, why create them?.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Win64Compilation?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

  Right then! Now we're actually going to compile HTTPd. First of all, since you have perl installed then before the compilation, run

  {{{
- FOR /R %F IN (*.mak *.mk.win) DO perl -pi.bak -e "s/\/MACHINE:X[0-9]*//gi" %F && del %F.bak
+ FOR /R %F IN (*.mak *.mk.win) DO perl -p -i -e "s/\/MACHINE:X[0-9]*//gi" %F
  }}}
  What this does is that it iterates through the entire source and removes all /MACHINE: tags. Why Apache has chosen to to include these parameters I'll never understand but removing this fixes problems with conflicting machine types.