Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Free online <ka...@karlmiddleton.free-online.co.uk> on 2002/04/27 19:01:13 UTC

Installing Apache on Win XP laptop

Hi,

I've a problem installing Apache on a Windows XP laptop (in a standalone
environment).
I'm fairly new to installing and administering Apache (although I have been
programming websites
using Apache for sometime).
I done the same install on a windows 98 system with no problems and I wonder
if anyone has any ideas
as to what the problem is (Win XP I expect).

I've tried several options but in the end done a simplest install I can
taking all the standard
options but when I try 'http://localhost/' in my browser it just says it
can't display that page.

The install file I'm using is apache_2.0.35-win32-X86-no_ssl.msi

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Karl Middleton