Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Tulley <JT...@novell.com> on 2003/07/23 22:29:47 UTC

[Patch] Exceptions being hidden in admin application

Under "User Definition" in the /admin application, the "Users",
"Groups", and "Roles" functionality does not work with the JNDIRealm.
While troubleshooting this, I found that the real cause of the problem
was being hidden by a programming error -- an error response was being
sent, but the code did not immediately return, but rather fell through
to the forwarding code, resulting in an error like, "unable to forward
after response has been committed".

Patches for this problem for these three items are attached.  I'll keep
digging on the actual problem with JNDIRealm and the manager, now that I
have a real error message.

Thanks,

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com