Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcelo Elias Del Valle <mv...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/24 23:34:30 UTC

performance for different kinds of row keys

Suppose two cases:

   1. I have a Cassandra column family with non-composite row keys =
   incremental id
   2. I have a Cassandra column family with a composite row keys =
   incremental id 1 : group id

     Which one will be faster to insert? And which one will be faster to
read by incremental id?

Best regards,
--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle
http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr

Re: performance for different kinds of row keys

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Which one will be faster to insert?
In general Composite types have the same performance; the extra work is insignificant.
(Assuming you don't create a type with 100 components.)

> And which one will be faster to read by incremental id?
If you have to specify the full key to get a row by row key. So this question only applied to the non composite key.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton