Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Joseph Rozier <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 20:59:22 UTC

Re: [Maven2] Archetype

I have a couple of questions about the Trinidad Archetype:

1)  Are the archetypeGroupId and archetypeArtifactId correct on the wiki?

I followed the directions given by the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_Archetype), but found that
when I attempted to run the archetype:create I was getting a failure,
indicating the groupId and artifactId could not be found.

After looking around a bit, I saw a different groupId and artifactId
specified in trinidad-archetype/target/exported-pom.xml.  When I tried
using these, I was able to get archetype:create to work.

That is, instead of

-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.adf.maven
-DarchetypeArtifactId=adf-archetype

I used

-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.adf.build
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-adf-archetype

Is it expected that the archetypeGroupId/archetypeArtifactId I used
should make things work?  If so, I can update the wiki accordingly.

2) This is likely a basic maven question, but if I build trinidad
myself locally (using "mvn install" in the apache adffaces\trunk),
would this archetype pick up the jars I build?

Thanks,

Joey

Re: [Maven2] Archetype

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey

> I used
>
> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.adf.build
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-adf-archetype

yeah, I forgot to update the wiki

> Is it expected that the archetypeGroupId/archetypeArtifactId I used
> should make things work?  If so, I can update the wiki accordingly.

done. thx for heads up.

> 2) This is likely a basic maven question, but if I build trinidad
> myself locally (using "mvn install" in the apache adffaces\trunk),
> would this archetype pick up the jars I build?

it should.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: