Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tom Kennedy <tk...@kennetic.org> on 2016/04/28 14:25:28 UTC

Fwd: spreadsheets

Tom Kennedy
Kennetic
26 Hampton Hills Lane
Richmond, VA 23226
Cell 804.519.3468
Land 804.282.4102
tkennedy@kennetic.org

Re: spreadsheets

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Apr 28, 2016, at 08:25, Tom Kennedy <tk...@kennetic.org> wrote:
>
>>  Bought a new Mac laptop and am suddenly dealing with Numbers displaying my spread sheets. How do I get Open Office to be the default for spreadsheets? Thanks     tk

In finder, select a spreadsheet file and either use Cmd-I or right click to get the info panel for the file.

Near the bottom of the  window, there is a 'Open with' section.  Select OO and click the 'Change All' button.  You may need to do this both for filetype .xls and .xlsx

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

Always remember to close all parentheses. We're not paying to air condition the entire paragraph.