Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Seer <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/23 02:51:45 UTC

Hadoop streaming using JAVA

Hello,

I am trying to write code for streaming using standard java with out map
reduce.

I got task to do it that way, so what I did I build executable jar file
which does following in main method

InputStreamReader(System.in));
        String str = null;
        System.out.print("XXXX1");
        System.out.println("XXXX2");
        System.out.print("XXXX3");
        System.out.println();
        System.out.write("xxx8797".getBytes());
        while ((str = in.readLine()) != null) {
            System.out.print(str);
        }
        in.close();
    }

After execution I am not getting any errors, but output file is empty. Can
some one tell me what is issue? why the files are empty?

Thanks