Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/07/24 12:17:44 UTC

[TRINIDAD] How to insert a row in a tr:table component

Hi,
I am developing a JSF page that shows a financial balance sheet. It has columns for date,a mount, cheque no, balance etc. But the first row is supposed to show the line opening balance and a partcular amount that is the opening balance.

How can I add a row to the tr:table that does not take value from the table model. Instead shows the value of opening balance from some other source.

Thanks,
Dushyant

      Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! group at http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

Re: [TRINIDAD] How to insert a row in a tr:table component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
> Can I do something like- bind the first row to a different model, while the
> rest of the rows to some other model?

No, table only has one model

Maybe just use tr:iterator with HTML tags?

Re: [TRINIDAD] How to insert a row in a tr:table component

Posted by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in>.
The problem is that the first row is going to show only "Opening balance " written under all the columns. Then from the next row the details of the balance sheet would be populated.

 How am I to  insert just one row in the table showing only two columns - 1st showing the text "Opening balance " , 2nd showing the balance. While the rest of the rows contain more columns than the first one.

One way would be to merge the column lines of the first row only two form just 2 columns.
Is that possible some how?

Can I do something like- bind the first row to a different model, while the rest of the rows to some other model?

Thanks,
Dushyant
There must be a row in the model. If you wish have your model have an
inner model that is wrapped. That way you can merge multiple models
into one. Just extend the data model and create a custom one.

      Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to http://in.webmessenger.yahoo.com/

Re: [TRINIDAD] How to insert a row in a tr:table component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.