Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tchepannou Hervé <He...@tech-nter.com> on 2004/01/08 21:22:29 UTC

What's the purpose of the parameter ILocation in the constructor of ExternalAsset?

In Tapestry 2.0, I was creating external asset with 1 parameter, the asset URL.
In 3.0, a new parameter of type ILocation has been added to the ExternalAsset constructor.
What's the purpose of that parameter.
Does any one has an example on how to use it? thanx

Herve Tchepannou

Technologies Nter Inc.
1801, Avenue McGill College, Bureau 930
Montréal (Québec) H3A 2N4
http://www.ntertechnologies.com

(514) 987-2050 poste 4079

RE: What's the purpose of the parameter ILocation in the constructor of ExternalAsset?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
The ILocation is used to identify the resource file and line from which the asset was created. In
your situation, null is acceptible. This is part of line precise error reporting.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components