Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2017/06/20 22:06:57 UTC

Thrift version used by Impala

As part of our investigation of Impala/Sentry integration issues it turned
out that Impala uses a version of Thrift that is older then 0.9.3 that's
used by Sentry (and many other components). Is there a fundamental reason
Impala can't move to Thrift 0.9.3? There were some security vulnerabilities
in earlier versions.

- Alex

Re: Thrift version used by Impala

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.
Just to follow up on this - I spent some time looking at what would be
required to a Thrift 0.9.3 upgrade (since some relevant changes have
affected this since the last time I looked). The short answer is that it's
not a small change. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-5690
for my notes so far.

Henry

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.