Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/17 00:45:53 UTC

Prepare for Apache NetBeans 11.0 vc4

Dear all,

It seems we are really close to our vc4 date. We are standing pretty
good, the only real blocker
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2246 is almost ready.

If you know anything else that should make into this release, please
speak up, I'm going to do the PRs and some testing later today and
create vc4 tomorrow. This time we are going to vote on that as well. I
know Geertjan is working hard to arrange everything for the graduation,
but that seems to happen more likely in April, than this March, so we
are going to make the incubator dance this time.

Please remember:

Whatever PR you feel is needed to be included into the release shall be
marked with *Need Cherry Picking* label on GitHub!

Laszlo Kishalmi

Volunteer RM of Apache NetBeans 11.0

Re: Prepare for Apache NetBeans 11.0 vc4

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I think we should aim for the IPMC vote to start on Monday -- so as soon as
the PPMC vote thread is ready and we have the minimum number of + votes,
i.e., 3, we should consider ourselves to be ready for the IPMC vote, when
the 72 hours are over, assuming the community survey does not introduce new
blockers.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
As far as I tested it works with Gradle as well out of the box.

Also competitor IDE-s do not have that kind of Ant support NetBeans has.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Kostaras <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.