Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Edna Pasello <ed...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2021/12/13 13:59:02 UTC

File deleted

Dear Sir/Madam,
All documents that were saved in "Recent Documents" disappeared, including a text I had written this morning.
How do I recover my file?
I await a reply.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Kind regards,
Edna Pasello

Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 14:29 13/12/2021 +0000, Adrian Grant wrote:
>It's a bit of a faff - and you have to remember where they [sc. your
>document files] all are ...

It's funny that: I find the same applies to many other things, too. I
have to remember where my keys are, my spectacles, my phone, my car,
those tomatoes I bought yesterday - oh, and my document files.

Brian Barker

Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 21:48 13/12/2021 +0000, Adrian Grant wrote:
>Très drôle - but having to repopulate a "recent documents" list is a pain....

It's perhaps worth saying that the Recent
Documents list will be saved in the user's
OpenOffice user profile, so the loss of it will
be caused by corruption or loss of that profile.
In that case, OpenOffice will create a fresh,
empty profile the next time it is started - which
will be evidenced by the request for the user's
name and so on, as would have been the case on
first use. And the most likely case of corruption
of the user profile is powering off the computer
before it has completed properly shutting down.

Brian Barker

Re: OT: Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by Russ Munk <ru...@salmonspc.com>.
You may find Quick Launch a better solution than pinning documents to
the task bar or start menu. See
How to Add Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10
https://mywindowshub.com/add-quick-launch-toolbar-windows-10/
- Russ

Re: OT: Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by ACG <fr...@idnet.com>.

On 14/12/2021 00:03, Dave wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> For a short period of time I lived in Scotland and really enjoyed that
> time, except that I could never fully understand what those fantastic
> Scottish folks were saying to me :)
>
> Dave
>
> On 13/12/2021 23:43, David Robley wrote:
>> Soooo ut wisnae me sounds like a Scots(?) accent "so it was nae [not] me"
>>
>> On 14/12/21 10:13 am, Dave wrote:
>>> Yes, apologies, I clicked send before checking all aspects of the
>>> message to be sent.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I don't understand the shorthand:
>>> "Soooo ut wisnae me."
>>>
>>> Look forward to your reply tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Dave

https://independent.academia.edu/AdrianGrant1
contributions at
https://onomastics.co.uk/forum/toponymy/
https://onomastics.co.uk/forum/anthroponymy/

Re: OT: Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by Dave <bm...@apache.org>.
Thanks David,

OT: Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.

--
David Robley

$$$ not found -- (A)bort (R)efinance (B)ankrupt

Re: File [not] deleted

Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by ACG <fr...@idnet.com>.

Re: File [not] deleted

Re: File [not] deleted

Posted by ACG <fr...@idnet.com>.

Re: File deleted

Posted by ACG <fr...@idnet.com>.
I wonder whether you actually have the same problem I had.
"Recent Documents" could be stored anywhere - and if you go the the
folder(s) I'll bet they are still there.
The problem is that OO is not very clever at saving the list of "recent
documents".
If you open OO first then you may find them in THAT list - but even if
you open them from that list they will still not appear on the desktop
shortcut icon list.
However if you go to the folder where it is kept and open it from there
then it SHOULD return to the "recent documents" list.
It's a bit of a faff - and you have to remember where they all are - but
you should get there in the end.

Adrian Grant.