Posted to user@flume.apache.org by kishore alajangi <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 09:07:07 UTC

avro source file

In document the avro source agent example is given below, where is the
source file to write its content into sink, please help me.

a1.sources = r1a1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.type =
avroa1.sources.r1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.bind =
0.0.0.0a1.sources.r1.port = 4141

Kishore.

Re: avro source file

Posted by Sharninder <sh...@gmail.com>.
That example only mentions the source part of a flume instance. You either
need another flume instance with an avro sink to feed to it OR write an
application that uses the client SDK to generate events in the avro format
to feed to this source. It's only an example and so where the data is
coming from is not mentioned, or needed.

--
Sharninder

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM, <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is where is that input avro format file mentioned in the
> configuration file.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 25, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Sharninder <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That is an avro source, which means the producer or the app producing
> events needs to send it's data in the avro format. This is also used for
> building a multi-hop flume pipeline. Is this what you're asking?
>

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM, kishore alajangi <
> <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In document the avro source agent example is given below, where is the
>> source file to write its content into sink, please help me.
>>

>> a1.sources = r1a1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.type = avroa1.sources.r1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.bind = 0.0.0.0a1.sources.r1.port = 4141
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Kishore.

Re: avro source file