Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craigmcc <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/04/27 11:18:58 UTC

Delivery by mail

------------------  Virus Warning Message (on the network)

Found virus WORM_BAGLE.AZ in file siupd02.cpl
The file siupd02.cpl is moved to /var/quarantine/virus/virLQD1IBf6P.

This is a machine-generated message, please do not reply via e-mail. If you have questions, please contact the Lucent Help Desk at +1 888 300 0770.

"Non-serializable attribute" error after migrating from TC5.0.28 to TC.5.5.9

Posted by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br>.
Hi,

We had to use a few "workarounds" in order to get JSTL (fmt) and "Struts el"
tags working together and ok for our I18n features, and one of the tricks
was to use something like that (for every new session - default to
Portuguese language):

(...)
            Locale locale = new Locale("pt","BR");
		    java.util.ResourceBundle bundle=

java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle("ApplicationResources",locale);

           javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocalizationContext lc =
                new javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocalizationContext(bundle);

           javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.Config.set(session,

javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.Config.FMT_LOCALIZATION_CONTEXT,lc);

(...)

This was working ok in Tomcat 5.0.28 but Tomcat 5.5.9 throws
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setAttribute: Non-serializable
attribute."

--------------------------------

1. We know that it isn't best practices to put non-serializable objects in
the Session...but is this now required?

2. If so: we also have that "FormFile" fields in a few Struts (session
scoped) Forms for upload logic. Since they are also not serializable...what
would be the approach for this case?

 <form-property name="arquivoAnexadoPlc"
type="org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile"/>

Thanks in advance!

Paulo Alvim
Powerlogic
Brazil