Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramesh Bobba <ra...@transerainc.com> on 2006/06/02 18:54:25 UTC

autostart activemq broker under tomcat 5.5

Hi,

I am new to ActiveMQ so please bear with me. I am trying to deploy
activemq under tomcat and want to know if there is a way to autostart
the broker. Here is my default context.xml:

<Context>

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->

    <!--

    <Manager pathname="" />

    -->

    <Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory"

            auth="Container"

            type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"

            description="JMS Connection Factory"

        factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"

        brokerURL="tcp://localhost:9988"

        brokerName="ActiveMQBroker"

        useEmbeddedBroker="true"/>

    <Resource name="jms/someTopic"

            auth="Container"

            type="org.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic"

            description="my Topic"

        factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"

        physicalName="FOO.BAR"/>

    <Resource name="jms/TEST.FOO"

            auth="Container"

            type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue"

            description="my Queue"

            factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"

            physicalName="TEST.FOO"/>

</Context>

Regards,

Ramesh K Bobba

Sr. Software Engineer

  <http://www.transerainc.com/>

10101 N. DeAnza Blvd., Suite 100

Cupertino, CA 95014

(w)408.873.1984x108

(f)408.873.7412

(c)510.579.0001

Re: autostart activemq broker under tomcat 5.5

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes - I'd recommend you take a look at the activemq-web-console which
auto-starts the broker along with a web application using Spring.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/web-console.html

--

James
-------