Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/09/26 04:48:12 UTC

Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Committers,

 As most people are aware, the MapReduce 'classic' tests (in hadoop-mapreduce-project/src/test) still need to built using ant since they aren't mavenized yet.

 I've seen several commits (and 2 within the last hour i.e. MAPREDUCE-3681 and MAPREDUCE-3682) which lead me to believe developers/committers aren't checking for this.

 Henceforth, with all changes, before committing, please do run:
 $ mvn install
 $ cd hadoop-mapreduce-project
 $ ant veryclean all-jars -Dresolvers=internal

 These instructions were already in http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToReleasePostMavenization and I've just updated http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute.

thanks,
Arun

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
If I recall correctly many of the tests where ported over and only the
ones depending on JT/TT stuff were not, no?

Thx

--
Alejandro

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
That is fine, we may want to then mark it so that the MR-4687 depends on the JIRA to port the tests, so the tests don't disapear before we are done.

--Bobby

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Commits breaking compilation of MR 'classic' tests

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.