Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Brown <jb...@easypost.com> on 2021/09/16 20:01:42 UTC

state of incremental repairs in cassandra 3.x

There's been a lot of back and forth on the wider Internet and in this
mailing list about whether incremental repairs are fatally flawed in
Cassandra 3.x or whether they're still a good default. What's the current
best thinking? The most recent 3.x documentation
<http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/3.11/cassandra/operating/repair.html> still
advocates in favor of using incremental repairs...

CASSANDRA-9143 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9143> is
marked as fixed in 4.0; did any improvements make it into any of the 3.11.x
releases?

If I need the performance of incremental repairs, should I just be plotting
a 4.0.x upgrade?

--
James Brown
Engineer