Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joshua J Pavel <jp...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/02/07 22:41:54 UTC

Nutch not respecting a NOINDEX,FOLLOW tag

Running version 1.2.

A very simple page I'm using to seed some URLs but don't want to return in
the index itself has this metatag:
<head><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX,FOLLOW"></head>

...but the page keeps showing up in my index.  Any thoughts on how I can
troubleshoot this or otherwise implement a page that I want to be crawled
but not indexed?

Re: Nutch not respecting a NOINDEX,FOLLOW tag

Posted by Joshua J Pavel <jp...@us.ibm.com>.
JIRA 966 has been opened for this issue.  And thank you, the custom
indexing filter works perfectly.

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |".: Abhishek :." <ab...@gmail.com>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |user@nutch.apache.org                                                                                                                             |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |02/08/2011 08:05 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: Nutch not respecting a NOINDEX,FOLLOW tag                                                                                                     |

Hi Julien,

 Thanks! This actually answers the other question I asked sometime back :)

Cheers,
Abi

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Julien Nioche
<lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com

Posted by ".: Abhishek :." <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.