Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com> on 2002/08/28 18:29:50 UTC

action return params broken ?

Sitemap parameters that are returned by an actions
are not available when <map:act> doesn't have any
child nodes other than <map:parameters/>.

So the following doesn't work:
   <map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
     <map:act type="my-act" src="{0}"/>
     <map:generate/>
     <map:transform src="{return-act-param}"/>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

but this does:

   <map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
     <map:act type="my-act" src="{0}">
       <map:generate/>
     </map:act>
     <map:transform src="{return-act-param}"/>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

Any reason for this ??

Thanks,

Artur...

Re: action return params broken ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
I'm not very familiar with actions, but shouldn't it be something like

<map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
   <map:act type="my-act" src="{0}">
     <map:generate/>
     <map:transform src="{return-act-param}"/>
     <map:serialize/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: action return params broken ?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Artur Bialecki wrote:

>Sitemap parameters that are returned by an actions
>are not available when <map:act> doesn't have any
>child nodes other than <map:parameters/>.
>
>So the following doesn't work:
>   <map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
>     <map:act type="my-act" src="{0}"/>
>     <map:generate/>
>     <map:transform src="{return-act-param}"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>   </map:match>
>
>but this does:
>
>   <map:match pattern="somepage.xml">
>     <map:act type="my-act" src="{0}">
>       <map:generate/>
>     </map:act>
>     <map:transform src="{return-act-param}"/>

Here you are trying to access parameter return-act-param from the map of
parameters returned by *matcer*. Unfortunately, default matcher
(wildcard URI matcher) does not return such parameter.

>     <map:serialize/>
>   </map:match>
>
>Any reason for this ??

It's a *stack* of parameters. Return parameters do exist only while in
*scope* of the component which created them.

Vadim