Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Gyanasekaran Radhakrishnan <gy...@g.clemson.edu> on 2013/04/09 21:31:25 UTC

Potential GSoC student interested in contributing to Jena

Hi --

I'm a grad student from Clemson University interested in contributing to
Apache Jena.  I'm using Apache Jena in my research and am willing to
contribute to the project.

Please let me know about the details.

Thanks much,

~Gyan

-Gyanasekaran Radhakrishnan.

Re: Potential GSoC student interested in contributing to Jena

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.
Hey Gyan

You can see our current GSoC ideas at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JENA%20AND%20lab
els%20%3D%20gsoc2013

You will notice right now that we only have a few ideas explicitly tagged
for GSoC 2013, it may also be useful to look at open feature and
improvement requests -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JENA%20AND%20iss
uetype%20in%20(Improvement%2C%20%22New%20Feature%22)%20AND%20status%20in%20
(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)

Part of the idea behind GSoC is that you engage and interact with a
community so in that spirit what would you like to work on?  What areas of
Jena are you using currently?  Do you have ideas for improvements or new
features in those areas that you think you would be able to contribute?

If you don't have specific ideas what areas of Jena are you familiar with
and what is your general development skill set/background?  We may be able
to suggest pieces of work you may be interested in.

Rob