Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Beat Strasser <be...@inventage.com> on 2009/12/07 20:13:47 UTC

Re: obtain latest snapshot with single http call?

Hello

>> Can I just do a 'wget' against nexus to grab the latest snapshot
>> and copy this to webserver? Is there a special "latest snapshot"
>> link available in nexus or must I download the process the metadata
>>  to determine the latest one?

I had the same problem with getting the latest snapshot version (since
Maven 3 doesn't support non unique versions anymore).

> Nexus will handle the SNAPSHOT conversion to latest so you don't need
> to read the metadata or anything like that.

However, how do you handle authentication? For the above url to work,
you need a valid session cookie. I'd would be ideal to have a single
http call (using wget for example) with HTTP Basic Authentication (with
SSL). Is there already a solution available for this?

Thx for any hint,
--
Beat Strasser

Re: obtain latest snapshot with single http call?

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.
I use this call

wget --http-user=XXX --http-password=XXX http://XXXX/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect?r=snapshots&g=com.uappoint&a=MODULE-A&v=3.0.1-SNAPSHOT&p=exe"

but I am not running 4.0 yet. --http-user and --user should be equiv according to man page.

I connect, get a 301 and then get 200 OK an download the artifact.

-jr

Re: [nexus-user] Re: obtain latest snapshot with single http call?

Posted by Beat Strasser <be...@inventage.com>.
Hi Brian

> Use curl. There's a fix in 1.4.1 to make the auth work better with wget
> but curl should work fine.

Thanks, curl works perfectly. And under certain circumstances, wget
seems to work also.

--
Beat Strasser

Re: obtain latest snapshot with single http call?

Posted by Beat Strasser <be...@inventage.com>.

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.