Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu> on 2002/09/20 05:02:44 UTC

[FRIDAY] Quote of the Day

"To understand recursion, one must understand recursion"
-Unknown Lisp Programmer

Jacob Hookom
Comprehensive Computer Science
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire

RE: [FRIDAY] Quote of the Day

Posted by Tiago Nodari <ti...@uol.com.br>.
         it is fine young cannibals...

         my mistake and it was the sony channel not sone, i am almost
asleep....

         I read an article in a brasilian news board that a microsoft
researcher spent years to find out who was really the first person to use
the :-)...

         Nice to know where the money I spent on XP goes :) ( I like
windows, me and linux dont get along, for desktop)....

         Its funny that a researcher becomes famous for a simple thing like
the :) and not his life work... kind of sad...

         Another idea for friday's topic, or more of a question...

         Does anyone se any future in XML User Interface Language (XUL) ???
To replace HTML? kind of tired of html :))

         tiago

RE: [FRIDAY] Quote of the Day

Posted by Kenny Smith <ke...@journalscape.com>.
I think its the Fine Young Cannibals... but regardless, speaking of things
that happened decades ago... how's this for a Friday topic:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/09/19/offbeat.smiley.reut/index.html

> must be really old, the guest band is "Five Young
> Cannibals", the last time i heard of them I was like in
> 7th or 8th grade, a decade ago :) ...

Kenny Smith

Re: [FRIDAY] Quote of the Day

Posted by Tiago Nodari <ti...@uol.com.br>.
         nice one...

         here on the sone channel Saturday night live is on, and this one
must be really old, the guest band is "Five Young Cannibals", the last time
i heard of them I was like in 7th or 8th grade, a decade ago :) ...

         i going to spend my friday job hunting, yuck!  what a bad way to
end the week....

         Anyone have a good topic for Friday discussion?