Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Krisher <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/03 21:53:19 UTC

[m2] Eclipse plugin and pom-type dependencies

I have a set of 'third-party' jars that are all part of a library
developed in-house.  Most of the projects I work on use all of the
jars from this library, so I put together a simple POM that depends on
all of them.  I then add this POM as a dependency of my project:

<dependency>
	<groupId>...</groupId>
	<artifactId>...</artifactId>
	<version>...</version>
	<type>pom</type>
</dependency>

This works fine for dependency resolution, however the eclipse plugin
produces a project configuration that includes the .pom as a
dependency.  Eclipse does not like this and will not build the project
until the .pom dep. is removed...  Should .poms be excluded when
generating the eclipse project?

--
Daniel Krisher

Re: [m2] Eclipse plugin and pom-type dependencies

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.