Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Shipilov, Alexander D" <al...@intel.com> on 2006/05/04 12:10:03 UTC

RE: [Testing Convention] Stress tests: requirements review needed

Hello, Alexei,

Thank you for reply.

> Do you have in mind some standard glue for these simple building
blocks
> as well?

Here is a model which describes how to compose simple building blocks.

Let's define the following terms:
   * Brick - any junit Test
   * Generator - junit Test which composes bricks into a stress test

> Do you mean all this rich set of possibilities should be passed via
> command line arguments?

Actually, I meant that test configuration is a String. For example, in
junit this string can be defined in a property file and accessed via
classloader.getResourceAsStream().

> How can we make this notation compact and
> understandable?

Yup. I think we can get a compact notation using Logo-like language.
Here are examples of possible scenario.

1. generator.Thread { Test1 } generator.Thread { Test2 }
This example will launch in parallel Test1 and Test2.

2. generator.Thread { generator.Loop { Test1 } } generator.Thread {
generator.Loop { Test2 } }
Here each of two threads performs a correspondent test in a loop.

3. generator.Thread { generator.Package { some.package } }
generator.Thread { generator.Loop { TestGc } }
Here the first thread executes all tests from the given package while
the second thread runs GC.

Thanks,
Alexander Shipilov,
Intel Middleware Products Division