Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org> on 2011/05/01 00:09:27 UTC

Re: Follow up questions for git-svn users

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 07:34:11AM +0200, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> Den 29.04.2011 05:53, skrev Brian M Dube:
> >What I'm trying to do is get the changes that were not part of my own
> >commit (anything I pulled down with git svn rebase) back into my topic
> >branch. It seems like it should be a normal fast-forward, but it's
> >recursive and the history doesn't look right. I abandon the branch at
> >this point and start a new one for further work.
> >
> This is just the classic rebasing game as far as I can see. If you
> have related topic brances you just have to rebase all of them at
> once and keep their existing relationships. It's described under
> "RECOVERING FROM UPSTREAM REBASE" in man git-rebase

That's a very helpful section of the man page, thank you. I think I
dismissed it earlier as not applicable to git-svn, but it very much is
and appears to have solved my issue.

> git-svn uses svn through the standard svn configuration. As long as
> you keep the svn setup correct, git-svn will use that.

Ah, I lost my svn configuration at some point, which included
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt. I've added that
again. Thanks.

-Brian