Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/14 15:14:01 UTC

Throughput Controller - OufOfMemory when using "Total Executions"

Recently I came across an weird behavior when using a fixed number of
"Total Executions" in Throughput Controller and I have not found any
discussion about it on this mailing list (neither on Google).

When I executed a distributed test to simulate 5000 concurrent users on a
initial page and then reducing throughput to 2000 to another page of a web
site, I've run into an OutOfMemory error.
At jmeter.properties there's no save data or save data on error enabled,
neither response content are saved.

Can you point me what I'm doing wrong? Do I have to add another Throughput
Controller with 3000 in throughput field to address all 5000 Thread Group
users?
Have this problem been addressed in recent versions of JMeter?
Help me, please.

My Test Plan is like bellow

Test Plan
+-- Thread Group
    +-- Recording Controller
        +-- // many HTTP Request samplers
    +-- Throughput Controller
        +-- Recording Controller
            +-- // many HTTP Request samplers

Configuration
- Thread Group
    Number of Threads: 200 (25 JMeter servers to a total of 5000 requests)
    Ramp-up: 0
    Loop Count: 1
- Throughput Controller
    Total Executions selected
    Throughput: 80 (25 JMeter servers to a total of 2000 requests)

My environment:
JMeter 2.4 r961953 (1 Client and 25 Servers)
26 Virtualized servers with Linux CentOS 5, 2 Cores processor and 6GB RAM
(1 JMeter per machine)
JVM 1.6.0_23 -Xmx=2g

Thanks in advance.
Flavio Cysne

Re: Throughput Controller - OufOfMemory when using "Total Executions"

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I suggestion you Check If an hprof has been générated and If so open a
bugzilla with à Link to the hprof file.

Regards
Philippe M.

--