Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2003/08/17 19:55:10 UTC

Re: [lang] 1.2 vs 1.4 Was: [lang] Words - for 2.0

"Phil Steitz" <ph...@steitz.com> writes:

>Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>> Can we guarantee that the 1.4 built version is bytecode compatable with 1.2?
>> Its not nice whichever way around you do it.
>>
>> How about build under 1.4, then use the jar to run the test cases against
>> under 1.2?

>FWIW, I have done this both ways with current sources -- build w/ 1.4,
>run tests using 1.2 and vice versa.  Both work for me. I also ran
>1.4-compiled tests on 1.3 and that worked as well.  I did this earlier

Please try the 1.3.1 JDK from blackdown as e.g. daedalus.apache.org. I have
had problems with 1.4 built jars from ibiblio (e.g. excalibur-components)
with this JDK.

For Turbine, I've decided to make both JDK 1.3.1 and JDK 1.4.2 built
jars available.

	Regards
		Henning

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)