Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rathore, Rajendra" <ra...@ptc.com> on 2020/09/17 12:19:57 UTC

hiding tomcat version from error pages

Hi All,

Please let me know the standard way to hide tomcat version from error pages, I tried on google and saying that you need to modify some properties inside catelina.jar, but that is not a standard way.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D68D1A.F310D100]

Thanks and Regards,
Rajendra Rathore
9922701491

Re: hiding tomcat version from error pages

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@apache.org>.
It should be ...
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/valve.html#Error_Report_Valve

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Rathore, Rajendra <ra...@ptc.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I am using tomcat 8.5.x, will that available over there?

RE: hiding tomcat version from error pages

It should a tweak to the ErrorReportValve as documented here: (inside of
server.xml)

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftomcat.apache.org%2Ftomcat-9.0-doc%2Fconfig%2Fvalve.html%23Error_Report_Valve&amp;data=02%7C01%7Crarathore%40ptc.com%7Cf025f80f3c7f4f94aadf08d85b074060%7Cb9921086ff774d0d828acb3381f678e2%7C0%7C1%7C637359433989184801&amp;sdata=eMHYctj3jTQW5WSlAfbKXukvFuh7Jvnudb%2BO8s8%2BzCw%3D&amp;reserved=0

You'll want to set showServerInfo and showReport to false

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@apache.org>.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/valve.html#Error_Report_Valve