Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ingo Adler <in...@synacon.ch> on 2003/04/05 22:51:43 UTC

Applying Jalopy? - again

I just started to get this mailing list. So I cannot reply to the thread
"Applying Jalopy?".

Is anyone applying Jalopy to log4j?

I would be happy if the source code is easier to read by someone who is
used to the coding standards (checkstyle and I).

I think, it should be done by one person for the whole project at once
on a certain day announced here. So everone can synchronize his work
with CVS and the whole problem of conflicts because of reformatting will
happen once and for all.

According to the standard, the indentation size should be 4 and not 2 as
it is specified in the configuration.

Ceki, you already reformatted some classes (unfortunately some I was
working on). Can you do the reformatting for log4j? Only the fileset
"styled_files" must be extended for the task runJalopy.

I could do it too. But I don't have the "authority" to change all files.

Ingo

Re: Applying Jalopy? - again

Posted by Ingo Adler <in...@synacon.ch>.
Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> One possible solution is that for the modified files that cause
> conflicts you apply jalopy before performing a CVS update. Is that
> applicable  in your situation?

Yes. One small problem is, that I don't know which file I have to apply
jalopy to before I update. After updating I already have the conflicts
so jalopy won't help anymore. Yes, I could keep copies ...

I already merged my changes of Category on my side.

But I don't want to do this in stages. Maybe other developers have the
same problem.
That's why I recommend: if you do want to apply jalopy (make the source
standard conform and more readable) do it once and for all - or don't
start it.

Ingo.

Re: Applying Jalopy? - again

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.