Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Radu Prodan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 12:25:14 UTC

WindowedStream vs AllWindowedStream

Hi all,

I have question about the differences between WindowedStream and
AllWindowedStream. From the definition I see that WindowedStream are
partitioned based on key but for AllWindowedStream this is not the case.

So, what comes to my mind is, why WindowedStream is not the special case of
AllWindowedStream? or why those classes are completely separated, and  not
extending from one another?

Radu

Re: WindowedStream vs AllWindowedStream

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
They are different classes because the signature of their apply method is
different. If one were the subclass, it would be possible to call apply
with the wrong signature.