Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Anton <an...@yandex.ru> on 2022/05/12 07:06:12 UTC

C++ decimal logical type

Hi,

I'm using C++ avro library to serialize json data and schema to avro
bytecode and vice versa. I utilize jsonDecoder+binaryEncoder and
binaryDecoder+jsonEncoder for this. Some of data includes logical decimal
types and now my serializer and deserializer can only receive and return
hexademical codes for such fields. Is there any way to automatically convert
numbers from incoming json to bytes representation upon serialization
process and backwards from bytes to human readable numbers while
deserializing from avro to json?