Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steven McNeel <st...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/19 18:32:39 UTC

need to generate unencoded PDFs

Hello,

    I was surprised not to find anything about this topic in the archives:
how do you tell FOP to generate a PDF without applying any encoding filters
(e.g. ASCII85 or Flate)?  I want to be able to see my data when I open my
PDF in a text editor.

Thanks!

-Steve McNeel

Re: need to generate unencoded PDFs

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steven McNeel wrote:
>    I was surprised not to find anything about this topic in the
> archives: how do you tell FOP to generate a PDF without applying any
> encoding filters (e.g. ASCII85 or Flate)?  I want to be able to see my
> data when I open my PDF in a text editor.

This actually requires serveral steps:
- Get the source
- Remove the PDF filters section from the system config.
- Comment out or otherwise remove the instruction which adds
   the flate filter in case there are no filters defined in the
   system config
- Rebuild FOP.

Alternatively, write a NOP filter and replace the filter chain
in the system config with it.

J.Pietschmann