Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/04/07 08:28:54 UTC

[CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex Mavenizer 1.0.0

Hi,

I canceled the vote for the Mavenizer. As I had to re-write the README, which still referenced the Mavenizer before my refactoring. I took the chance to implement a fourth converter module "fontkit" which should deal with the font related libraries and deploys them seperately.

I'll issue a new Vote as soon as I am finished here and the public consense suggests me to start a new vote.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I don't have any problems with such a rewrite.

But looking at the content of the core module I wan't that sattisfied with it so I invested some time today to write some CLI tool in which the user can describe what he wants the tool to do and it does that. I'm currently testing the little thingy a little and today I stunbled over a bug, that prevented the mavenizer from compiling the skins if no playerglobal for flash 11.1 was available, so I fixed that too.

Give me a few days to finish the CLI tool and then you can rewrite the README as you like.

Chris

>I canceled the vote for the Mavenizer. As I had to re-write the README,
>which still referenced the Mavenizer before my refactoring. I took the
>chance to implement a fourth converter module "fontkit" which should
>deal with the font related libraries and deploys them seperately.
>
>I'll issue a new Vote as soon as I am finished here and the public
>consense suggests me to start a new vote.

OK sounds good.  Can you post another package so we can try the README instructions?

Since we have an opportunity to change the README, should we do a more significant re-write and make it look more like the other Apache Flex
READMEs?   I’d like to switch away from the “I”.  I know you did write the
whole thing yourself, but it might be better if it wasn’t written as personal note from you.  The other README’s also list dependencies and close with a “thank you” from the entire project.  Not a  big deal to me if nobody else wants to see it changed.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Flex Mavenizer 1.0.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.